Highest Paying Jobs In The UsaMarch 25, 2022
- More Detail Here:
- Compare Green Slips Nsw Quotes
Highest Paying Jobs in the USA
The Top Ten Highest and Lowest Paying Jobs
Whether you’ve got a degree or not you may like to know which are the best paid jobs available to you and which are the worst paying jobs to avoid. If you are a student you may wish to know which subjects you should be studying to ensure you get one of the highest paying jobs.
You may have thought that the best paid jobs were to be found on Wall Street or in law. Well, strangely enough, this does not appear to be the case, although this could be because incomes on salaries are boosted by bonuses which do not show up in the gtovernment figures.
It turns out that all the best paid jobs are to be found in healthcare.
The figures provided by the US government for 2008 show that the Highest Paying Job in the USA is – surgeon. Surgeons make just over $206K a year on average.
It is also worth noting that 14 of the top 15 highest paid jobs are in the healthcare sector. After the top fifteen you find jobs like sales managers, marketing managers, computer managers, airline pilots but these make only half of what the top healthcare professionals make. So the moral of the story is clearly if you want to make serious money – study medicine ! You will also have the pleasure of knowing that your job is actually doing some good !
The worst paying jobs, which you may wish to avoid, are in the food preparation and serving sectors.
Average wages in the U.S. rose by 3.9% in 2008 compared to 2007 and now stand at $42,270.
As mentioned above – best paid job is surgeon, but the best paid surgeons work in Gary, Indiana, where they make around $15K more than the national average.
Which jobs should you avoid ? Waiters/waitresses jobs in Yauco, Puerto Rico, are the lowest paid in the US – at just $13,610 a year, Counter attendant in a cafeteria in Owenboro, Kentucky, is also one to avoid (let them serve themselves!)- at just $13,810 a year.
The highest average annual salary overall is in D.C. at $67,810 – followed by New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, at $50,000.
The lowest salaries are to be found in Puerto Rico at $24,650 — even though the the cost of living is similar to in D.C..
The worst paying states are South Dakota and Mississippi at $33,000.
So once you have finished studying medicine here are the jobs you want to be aiming for :-
Top Ten Highest Paying Jobs in the USA
1. Surgeons ($206,770)
2. Anesthesiologists ($197,570)
3. Orthodontists ($194,930)
4. Obstetrician and gynecologists ($192,780)
5. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons ($190,420)
6. General Internists ($176,740)
7. Prosthodontists ($168,810)
8. Other Physicians and Surgeons ($165,000)
9. Family and General Practitioners ($161,490)
10. Chief Executives ($160,440)
Other high paying jobs:-
12. Psychiatrists ($154,050)
16. Lawyers ($124,750)
19. Airline Pilot ($119,750)
21. Computer and Information Systems Managers ($118,710)
24. Sales Managers ($110,390)
Top Ten Worst Paid Jobs in the USA
1. Combined food-preparation and service workers, ($17,400)
2. Cooks, fast food ($17,620)
3. Dishwashers ($17,750)
4. Dining room/cafeteria attendants, bartender helpers ($18,140)
5. Shampooers ($18,300)
6. Counter attendants ($18,520)
7. Hosts and Hostesses Restaurants ($18,570)
8. Cashiers ($18,880)
9. Amusement and RecreationAttendants ($18,930)
10. Ushers, Lobby Attendants, Ticket Takers ($19,100)
Twenty years experience dealing with insurance companies, human resource managers, bankers and assorted professionals !
Stock TradingFind a JobBest Paid Jobs
Highest Paying Jobs in the USA